Hearts and Keys – Intervals Game
Hearts and Keys is a multi-level and single to multi-player game pack that helps students to see intervals in terms of their visual qualities. Such as seeing a space note to space note interval (SAME) versus a space note to line note interval (DIFFERENT). Students can then reinforce these SAME and DIFFERENT intervals with interval numbers that are either ODD (1, 3, 5, 7) or EVEN (2, 4, 6, 8).
- SAME intervals are always ODD numbers
- DIFFERENT intervals are always EVEN Numbers.
An ability to recognise these features quickly can rapidly improve sight-reading skills and help students to see the interval as a whole and not the notes or steps in between.
3 Games options:
- Match Game
- Memory Game
- 2 x Same/Different game boards
- 2 x Odd/Even game boards
- 8 x “Same” Cards and 8 x “Different” cards
- 8 x “Odd” Cards and 8 x “Even” cards
- 32 interval cards (unison to an octave)